Data suggests that by 2012 more than 2 billion people will be obese and 600 million will be overweight. And, the most significant market for weight reduction drugs is the United States, where 6% of the population is either obese or overweight. The UK and other European nations follow.
The altering way of lives in emerging economies like Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) likewise make these nations perspective and substantial markets for weight-loss items.
Much as these appealing figures show that the weight problems drugs market need to be on an extreme development course, the truth is rather contrary. The reality is that the marketplace for weight reduction drugs has cannot match this development. A few of the significant hazards being.
– Failure to obtain approval from FDA;
– Market recall due to the unsafe component.
– Under performance of drugs compared with customer’s expectations.
– Rejection of health care authorities to give repayment to these drugs.
Inning accordance with current report, based on lab screening the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cautioned customers not to use a specific brand name of weight-loss tablets that declares to be “100% organic” and has cautioned that such ‘slandering tablets’ include a harmful stimulant. While this is current news, in the past, there have been other circumstances of prohibiting of anti-obesity drugs world over. A few of them are:
– Close on the heels of the United States and Canadian markets withdrawing some Indian manufactured anti-obesity drugs in October in 2015, the Indian Health Ministry has understood the side-effects of these frequently used slandering drugs. And quickly, it has been reported that these anti-obesity drugs, which are being marketed by near 12 pharma business and offered under brands such as Reductil, Meridia, and Sibutrex, may be prohibited.
– Apart from Sibutramine, which reduces user’s cravings, the Indian Government likewise prepares to manage the sale of other frequently used slandering drugs like Orlistat.
– In another occurrence, the United States pharmaceutical giant, Abbott Laboratories, at the demand of FDA withdrew its weight problems drug ‘Meridia’ from the United States market after European tests discovered the essential component increased the danger of severe heart issues. FDA lab tests discovered that a few of these pills include “extreme quantities of sibutramine”, a stimulant which ought to be readily available just on prescription and which might trigger hypertension, stroke or cardiovascular disease in some customers.
The regulative firm, FDA likewise alerted that a few of the other signs of adverse effects of such drugs are stress and anxiety, sleep disorders, hypertension, queasiness and so on. Sibutramine not just postures threats specifically to people with cardiovascular conditions, but likewise to healthy people who take the quantity of sibutramine discovered in anti-weight problems tablets.
In today’s pattern of searching for instantaneous options to weight-loss programs, there is a big market for anti-obesity drugs world over. Nevertheless, above realities exposes the truth that popping a tablet to shed those additional kilos can become a problem for our body presenting a significant risk for drug makers to understand the real market capacity for anti – weight problems drugs.Read More Risks and Challenges for the Anti-Obesity Drug Market